Things To Do In Jupiter – Bicycle stops in Riverbend
THINGS TO DO IN JUPITER!
Pedaling along the Wild & Scenic Loxahatchee River is a fun-filled adventure. And it’s right here in our own backyard – one of many fun Things To Do in Jupiter.
YES, YOU ARE STILL IN JUPITER!
Cowpen Lake is just a short pedal from JUPITER OUTDOOR CENTER, but you’ll be amazed what you’ll see.
Sandhill cranes, great blue herons, red-shouldered hawks and other birds are regulars.
So are red-bellied turtles, otters and alligators.
Our guides have recently reported seeing several manatees.
Take a ride with your friends or sign up for one of JOC’S guided tours — either way, your trip is a fun way to nurture with nature for awhile — one of the fun Things To Do in Jupiter.
EASY BICYCLE TRAILS
Wide and shady, the crushed-stone bicycle trails are easy for expert and novice peddlers.
Along the miles of trails, there are lots of covered huts to stop and relax, like this one near Cowpen Lake.
Don’t worry about getting lost. The covered huts have maps to show where you are as you enjoy one of the outdoors Things To Do in Jupiter.
No hurrying allowed!
KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR WILDLIFE
Deer– we spotted this deer near Reese Trail — otters, wild turkeys, red-bellied turtles, butterflies and more critters are common in the park.
Don’t forget your backpack with a hat, bug spray, binoculars, sun protection and sun glasses.
There’s lots of places to stop and take a break. Many visitors bring their lunch on an adventure that is one of the Things To Do in Jupiter.
Covered pavilions — with seats and tables — are available along the route.
ADD A LITTLE PADDLE TO YOUR PEDALING ADVENTURE?
Check out JOC’s Pedal & Paddle tour.
Or just stop like we did here at the JOC launch point and wach the peddlers and the paddlers go by.
Our expert guides will take you for a pedaling adventure on more than a dozen miles on the crushed stone trails.
Single bikes, tandem bikes, kids bikes, wide-tire bikes, bikes with baskets — JOC has ’em all when you enjoy Things To Do in Jupiter.
Then, hop onto a kayak and your JOC guide will lead you on an adventure under the cypress canopies of the the Loxahatchee River.
After your adventure, create your own fresh Açaí or Pitaya Bowl at The Magic Bowls, the shiny food truck near the JOC entrance at Riverbend Park.
Amanda Oswalt and Isaac Hernandez are serving up their healthy foods on weekends at one of the many Things To Do in Jupiter.
The pitaya bowls are our favorite.
- Explore the historic Jupiter Inlet Village and parks by bike with a local Jupiterian. Discover over 2,000 years of history from early natives to Ponce De Leon. Learn about shipwrecks including the amazing survival of the family of Jonathan Dickensen to a beautiful love story from 1896.
- Easy 90-minute bike ride with frequent stops for hydration and bathroom breaks plus time to take in all the magnificent beauty Jupiter has to offer.
- Explore even more of Jupiter from the water and add a 30-minute or 60-minute sightseeing cruise aboard our Love Boat docked at Charlie & Joe’s on Love Street.
- Full Moon Tours
- Be one of the lucky ones to book early to catch the full moon. Cruise the Intracoastal with 5 of your friends just before sunset to catch the moon rise.
- Watch for different wildlife that call these waters home – manatee, turtles and many others. Bring your own food or drink on board to enjoy as we cruise. Hear about all the local history and celebrity homes from our friendly and knowledgeable captains.
- A perfect time to grab a drink at Lucky Shucks and bring it aboard before or after your reservation at any of the Love Street restaurants. Pack some snacks and drinks while cruising the beautiful tropical waters.