Labor Day Weekend
With Labor Day Weekend around the corner, many may be looking for some fun activities to celebrate their hard work!! Here are some of the local ways you can spend your holiday weekend:
Friday, September 1st-
- Parents Night Out at the South Florida Science Center: From 6 to 10 p.m., children ages 4 to 12 are invited to the center for a visit to the reptile lab where they will learn all about alligators and other reptiles, participate in a turtle shell craft, and explore the center and its popular current exhbit, “Eww! What’s Eating You?”. Cost is $30 per child, and each additional child is $15. For information, call 561-832-2026. The museum is at 4801 Dreher Trail North in West Palm Beach.
- Kids Free Labor Day Weekend at The Palm Beach Zoo: (Sep. 1st-4th, 2017) To celebrate all of South Florida’s hard-working parents, Palm Beach Zoo brings back the hugely popular Kids Free Labor Day Weekend! Kids under 13 years of age get free admission with a paid, regular-price, adult admission. Under 3 admission is always free.
- LightSUP Paddle Tour at Singer Island Outdoor Center: From 7:30 to 9:00 p.m., SIOC invites you to join us for an experience unlike any other. Outfitted with special Nocqua light systems, you will spend this 60-90 minute guided tour paddling at the surface while peering into the illuminated, crystal clear water below. Cost is $40 per person. For more information, call 561-460-3048. The center is located at 900 E Blue Heron Blvd, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
- Friends of the Loxahatchee River Lecture Series: Join the River Center Friday at 12:00 p.m in welcoming Dr. Angela Tringali from the Archbold Biological Station for her presentation. Her topic will cover a discussion of Scrub Jay personality and their unique social behaviors. Prior to the lecture a light lunch will be served. For more information or to RSVP, call (561) 743-7123.
Saturday, September 2nd-
- Super Hero Night: Come join us dressed in your favorite Super Hero attire and spend some time with your favourite Hero while the Palm Beach Cardinals play the St. Lucie Mets. Game Time: 5:30 pm. The first 500 kids will recieve a FREE super hero cape!
- Live Music: Jahzilla at Das Biergarten: at 8:00 p.m., Jahzilla will be performing at the Das Biergarten in Abacoa at 203 Town Center Dr, Ste 116, Jupiter, FL.
- Riverbend Park Naturalist Walk: Join us for a guided trail walk to explore the park. It’s a great way to get some fresh air and learn about the plant and animal communities and the history of Riverbend. Bring your sunblock and water. Good walking shoes are recommended. Meet at the Parks and Recreation trailer at 8:00 AM.
- Hike Through History at The Jupiter Lighthouse: The hike departs at 8:30 a.m from the flag pole at the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum and ends around 10:30. The program is open to adults and children-minimum age 5, ages 13 & under must be accompanied by an adult that is at least 18 years old. Hiker’s footwear, activewear, a hat, and a full water bottle or canteen should be carried. Admission is free but space is limited-RSVP required.
Sunday, September 3rd-
- Jupiter Carlin Park Seabreeze Amphitheater: “UV” in Concert ( A “U2” Tribute band) what many critics are referring to as a U2 fan’s choice band. Authentic sound and look to one of the best bands on the planet. Begins at 8:00 p.m. Bring a lawn chair and or blanket. Picnic baskets welcome. Pets on leashes welcome. FREE ADMISSION!
- Green & Artisan Market: Begining at 10:00 a.m., stroll along the waterfront at Harborside Place on Sunday, Sept. 3rd. Free Admission.
- Best Boat Bar Tour: Hang out with the KVJ Show crew, Kevin and Virginia, as they will be leading the Best Boat Bar Tour of north county waterfront bars. The tour will start at Tommy Bahamas in Harbourside Place in Jupiter, Florida and head to Guanabana’s around 2:00 p.m. and then wraps up at Waterway Café in Palm Beach Gardens around 4:00 p.m. For more information about WMRF’s KVJ Boat Tour for Labor Day Weekend, visit www.WMRF.com.
- Brunch with a Brush!: For just $30, you can join Uptown Art for painting and brunch catered by Too Jays! Brunch will begin being served at 11:30 am and we will begin painting at 12:00 pm. This class will be held in our new studio at 1695 Indiantown Road Suite 12-14, Jupiter FL 33458.
Monday, September 4th LABOR DAY!!-
- Uptown Art $10 Wine Glass Painting at Seasons 52: Once you are given initial instructions, the instructors will walk around to help you create your own glass. You are welcome to bring your own ideas, and we will help you create a beautiful glass! Don’t worry though, we will show you plenty of ideas. Each guest will receive one glass that can be baked at home and used. Please sign up for the number of glasses you would like to paint. You must register online at https://www.uptownart.com/
- Sea Turtles & Manatees Labor Day Eco-Tour: Our daily, 90 minute, Sea Turtles & Manatees Eco Tour seeks out sea turtle and manatee sightings and explores the local mangrove-lined waterways of the lower Loxahatchee River and Indian River Lagoon. Our guides will show you to the best places in town for viewing sea turtles and manatees in their natural habitat. To book, visit us at https://www.jupiteroutdoorcenter.com/labor-day-weekend/or call 561-747-0063.
- Turtle Time: Choose between 3, 1-hour time slots and our staff will show you over to the popular Turtle Cove just seconds away from the Love st. Beach. This is a self-guided tour but our staff will point you in the right direction. Turtle Times are at 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00 a.m https://www.jupiteroutdoorcenter.com/turtle-time/
- Twilight Yoga at the Light: Experience the serenity of Yoga with Mary Veal, Kula Yoga Shala, on the Lighthouse Deck at Sunset! Bring a yoga mat and a flashlight. Meet at the Museum 10 minutes prior to start time, class is weather dependent-please check the website for updates and future start times. Offered by donation. For more info, visit http://www.jupiterlighthouse.org/