Jupiter Outdoor Center is Celebrating 20 Years of Eco-Friendly Fun
In honor of Jupiter Outdoor Center’s 20th anniversary, the center will be celebrating this milestone by offering a free 3 month individual membership to the person that submits a story and picture that best illustrates the many reasons why JOC is the ultimate choice for outdoor adventure and fun! Here is our story about why friends and customers call JOC “ the real JUPITER experience”. From the day back in 97 when JOC opened at what is now known as Guanabanas it has been the place to go for all things “ OUTDOORS”. In fact ,if you like Guanabanas you might be interested to know that it started out in 1999 as The Kayak Cafe inside the JOC outfitters store where the bar is now located. In Other Words, if there was no JOC, there would be no Guanabanas! Since moving to the Inlet on Love St in 2014 paddlers and campers have raved about the crystal clear blue water , Its serenity and abundance of amenities. We are the perfect place to experience a 360 degree view of all the beauty Jupiter has to offer. And we have a Hammock!!
1) Location: We are the only paddle center on Blue Water in Jupiter!
2) The views: Who doesn’t love The Jupiter Inlet lighthouse and Museum? Our beach has a 360 degree view of all things Jupiter.
3) Famous Hammock: Our beach is home to the iconic JOC hammock where you can relax and snap a picture perfect memory.
3) JOC has many ways to explore the beautiful Indian and Loxahatchee Rivers and the Jupiter Inlet Aquatic Preserve: Kayaks/sups/water taxi are just some of the ways you can explore these waters.
4) Love St. Beach: Our beach is the perfect spot to take a seat, relax and enjoy one of our many adirondack chairs.
5) Our staff: JOC’s staff is an eclectic blend of water loving, paddle loving people ready and willing to share their passion with everyone.
6) JOC shares the love: We are paddle and pet friendly even if you don’t rent from us you can launch here and we will create a free trip plan that factors in your experience, interests, tides and weather.
7) JOC is surrounded by local bars and eateries to satisfy any taste after your paddle adventure
8) JOC has the KNOWLEDGE of this area. We have been in business for 20 years and we know our stuff.
9) Passion: JOC is passionate about everything around us and we want to share that with you
10) Diversity: We have many ways for you to enjoy the waterways here. Rentals/tours/camps/parties/water taxi/beach/bikes.
11) Community: JOC has always been a leader in the community and has given back in many ways such as beach cleanups, youth education , supporting the sprint flatwater Olympic Teams and events with local charities and more.
12) ECO FRIENDLY: No motors here!
13) JOC is the clear choice: With our crystal blue water as the backdrop to your adventure you just can’t go wrong.
14) SEA LIFE: so many to list but just a few ranging from tiny crabs to manatees and turtles. You may even see a leatherback turtle one day
15) Fitness: Paddling is a LIFE SPORT! All ages can benefit from paddling on a regular basis.
16) We are OUTSIDE! Nature is the best way to de stress and get away from the over technological world we live in today.
17) 363 days a year we are open! Spend your holidays with us or book a party!
19) Lifestyle: JOC helps you keep your Florida lifestyle in check. We make it easy for you with memberships and guided tours and you can even bring your furry friends, as we are pet friendly.
20) Last but not least LOVE. We are on LOVE Street. We LOVE what we do. We LOVE being there for you. We LOVE Jupiter.
“As a tour guide here I am asked if my job ever gets boring. Doing the same thing in the same spot every day. I DO NOT! The water changes every minute, of every day, of every season. I relish the subtle and abrupt fluctuations… the ebb and flow of my daily tour route. The manatees I’ve encountered (and named) are in constant flux. It is a virtual who’s who of Mother Nature’s aquatic best. The flora and fauna of the area are limitless. Sometimes you just have to stop, look and listen and things you never knew, were there all around you. I personally enjoy the billions of tiny fish schools you may find yourself surrounded by. The amazing array of birds is sure to please any ornithologist. JOC’s waterways can offer any kind of day you might be looking for, from a serene early Monday morning to a chaotic party on the sandbar with the boater’s kind of day. Zen to Zestful adventure awaits at JOC.”
-Max Park, JOC Tour Guide/Camp Director
While our views and activities are the best part of our immersive experience, Jupiter’s marine life is an extraordinary sight for everyone. A paddle adventure is the perfect place to see the amazing marine life our waterways have to offer. Here are some of the animals you may come across on your next visit:
1) First and foremost MANATEES
2) Turtles running a close second
3) Hermit crabs: every camper’s favorite
4) Stingrays: From stingrays to spotted eagle rays big and small
5) Needlefish: One of my personal favorites
5) Puffer fish
6) Sea urchins
7) Star fish
9) Sea Cucumbers
10) Seahorses: you have to look hard but they are there
12) Really big Turtles. On a rare occasion you can see leatherback and loggerheads
13) Sharks: Yes, sharks big and small
14) Mullet Fish…tons of them
15) Jellyfish: A turtle’s favorite lunch
16) Clams o plenty
17) Parrot fish…the color of the ocean
18) Blue Crabs
20) The locals on the sandbars and beaches enjoying the water and some tunes from their boats. Wink…wink.